Should FindTaxPro.com modify its practices regarding the collection or use of information obtained from users in the future, this privacy statement will be amended to reflect such modifications.
Personally Identifiable Information
Personally identifiable information of PTIN holders, specifically limited to the name of individual issued a PTIN, business name, business mailing address, business phone number, business website address, business email address, and professional credentials was originally obtained under the Freedom of Information Act. Only the tax professional's name, business address, and professional credentials are disclosed in a basic listing format under the FOIA so that users of this website can verify whether their tax professional is registered with the Internal Revenue Service and holds a PTIN. FindTaxPro.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any information. All other information found in a featured listing available for users through our website is supplied voluntarily and knowingly made accessible to the public by the tax professional who has updated his or her professional listing. With the exception of a name and state which cannot be removed by the tax professional, tax professionals interacting with our website may delete other information, or modify information found in their professional listing on FindTaxPro.com. This includes their address, telephone number, email address, website address or other personally identifiable information. Tax professionals that update their listing constitute their acceptance that FindTaxPro.com may share such information with users of this website, and its partners and agents for purposes related to FindTaxPro.com's products and services, including for the purpose of contacting them via email about products and services that may be of interest to them. Users may visit our website without telling us who they are or revealing any personally identifiable information about themselves.
Using the Information
Personally identifiable information is information about you such as name, postal address, email address, company name, etc. Generally, we may use your personally identifiable information in the following ways:
1. To communicate with you about your account or the website.
2. To pre-populate online forms for your convenience.
3. To personalize various aspects of the website.
4. To build quality and useful services by analyzing user trends and by measuring demographics and interests.
5. To provide you with prompt and effective customer service.
6. To support the operation of the website (i.e., billing, account maintenance) and troubleshoot.
7. To send you newsletters, promotional messages, product announcements or other communications that we feel may be of interest to you, although you may opt out of receiving these communications.
8. In other ways that you either expressly consent to or instruct us to undertake.
All our web servers are secured using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). Servers are assigned a Secure Certificate ID that identifies the website and enables us to use SSL for secured data transfer. Data is transmitted in a secure manner using 128-bit SSL digital certificate from Microsoft. For further protection, sensitive information remains encrypted while stored on our servers.
When you visit the Website, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website as Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type or the domain from which you are visiting, the websites you visit, the search terms you use, any links and advertisements on which you click. For most users accessing the Internet from an Internet service provider the IP address will be different every time you log on. We use Log Data to monitor the use of the Website and of our Service, and for the Website’s technical administration.
Disclosing the Information
We may disclose personally identifiable information about you to third parties without asking for explicit consent from you as follows:
1. We will perform research on our end users' demographics, interests, and behavior based on the information we collect, for example during registration, from our server log files and from user surveys. We do this to better understand and serve our users. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. We may share this aggregated data with current or potential advertisers, business partners, investors and other third parties interested in our business.
2. FindTaxPro.com does not sell any of your personally identifiable information to third parties. However, if you have not opted out of receiving postal mail from FindTaxPro.com or third parties, FindTaxPro.com may rent your name, postal address and phone number to third parties, which the third parties may use one time only to mail you information. These third parties will have no continuing right to use your name or postal address. We do not sell or rent your email addresses to third parties. All emails you receive are deployed directly by FindTaxPro.com on behalf of third parties.
3. We share website usage information about visitors to the website who have received a targeted email promotional campaign from us with a third-party advertising company for the sole purpose of targeting future email campaigns and upgrading visitor information used in reporting statistics.
4. To allow third parties to provide website features and services. These third parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
5. To our contractors, consultants and professional advisors so they can provide a service to us. For example, from time to time we may use third parties to help us collect information about our users. In those cases, we will prohibit the third parties from using the information they collect for any purpose other than providing the service to us.
6. As we believe necessary to comply with the law and protect the rights, property or safety of others.
7. If you engage in illegal activity and we respond to a subpoena, warrant or other court order.
8. In connection with the sale or transfer of FindTaxPro.com or substantially all of its assets, we will share your data with the acquiring party or transferee.
9. Due to circumstances beyond our control.
As part of the member registration process, you will supply us with your postal address, phone number and email address, and you will be registered to receive periodic communications from FindTaxPro.com or from other reputable companies affiliated with FindTaxPro.com. If you do not wish to receive such communications from FindTaxPro.com or from the reputable companies affiliated with FindTaxPro.com, you can:
1. Opt out of receiving future emailed messages by following the "unsubscribe" instructions at the bottom of any emailed message you receive from FindTaxPro.com.
2. Individuals who are no longer preparing taxes and have not renewed or intend to not maintain a registered PTIN in the coming year can request to have their names removed from the directory. These individuals who wish to be removed from the directory may do so by sending an email request using the form on the contact page found on this website, or by writing to FindTaxPro.com, 16 Skyline Drive #163, Monvtville, NJ 07045. In your request please state clearly that you no longer will be preparing tax returns professionally as of a certain date.
3. If you receive communications from FindTaxPro.com or third parties selected by FindTaxPro.com by regular mail, you can opt out of receiving future such communications by contacting FindTaxPro.com's customer service at dan@FindTaxPro.com, or by writing to FindTaxPro.com, 16 Skyline Drive #163, Monvtville, NJ 07045.
Please allow ten days for your opt-out election to take effect. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the types of communications described above, we may still from time to time communicate with you about your account or operation of the website; these communications will not be promotional in nature. For example, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance we might send users an email. You cannot opt out of receiving these communications.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
FindTaxPro.com does collect and use some non-personally identifiable, generic information about our users as a means of measuring the effectiveness of our website. FindTaxPro.com servers identify certain user information in the normal course of operation, but such information does not reveal a user's personal identity. We collect this information only in the aggregate and use it to evaluate and improve our website and to provide targeted information that may be of interest to users of our website. The following are examples of non-personally identifiable generic information.
IP Addresses: An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to a user's computer whenever that user is using the World Wide Web. Website servers can automatically identify individual computers by their IP address. FindTaxPro.com collects IP addresses for the purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information.
Computer Settings: Settings, technical and other information from your computer, such as your operating system, browser version, connectivity, various communication parameters and other information related to the operation and interaction of FindTaxPro.com website may be collected by FindTaxPro.com. Except as otherwise provided in this statement, FindTaxPro.com will use such information solely in order to provide technically appropriate formatting of information provided by FindTaxPro.com and access to FindTaxPro.com website. The collection of this information will not include any personally identifiable information about you or any individual user.
Information Provided by Children: FindTaxPro.com website is not targeted at children and do not collect or use any personally identifiable data from children.
Disclosure Pursuant to Legal Process
FindTaxPro.com shall, pursuant to applicable law, regulation or legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order, allow access to all available and relevant information in order to comply with such process and protect FindTaxPro.com's rights and property. FindTaxPro.com may also allow access to this information in special emergencies where physical safety is at risk.
FindTaxPro.com is committed to protecting user privacy on all FindTaxPro.com websites and expects the same from our partners, co-sponsors and suppliers. FindTaxPro.com, however, is not responsible for the content or the privacy practices of non-FindTaxPro.com websites, including websites reached through a link on a FindTaxPro.com website. Other websites may have different privacy policies, or no policy. Users should review the privacy policies of any website before providing personal information.
1. The address is my personal address or there is an error in my listing – how can I correct it?
Email dan@FindTaxPro.com to get a promo code for a free Bronze Listing. Buy the Bronze listing, goto My Listings under User Menu, and Edit the Listing to correct the address. Name and State may not be modified. If this is your first time to the website, you will need to create a username and password.
2. What if I see an error with my name like if the name is spelled wrong or I recently got married and my name has changed – how do I correct that?
Please email us using the contact form which is found on the "Contact Us” page.
3. I am a PTIN registered tax professional. But how do I get my name removed from your site?
If you are currently registered and hold a valid PTIN we will not remove your name. Your PTIN registrant information is made available to everyone under the Freedom of Information Act. We respect your privacy and do allow you to remove or modify all personal content with the exception of your name and state which you cannot remove on your own. However, if you have given up your PTIN and you are no longer a tax professional, or you have changed professions or do not intend to renew your PTIN in the future, we will remove you permanently from the directory upon written request. Please use the contact form on the "Contact Us" page. YOU MUST STATE CLEARLY THAT YOU NO LONGER ARE A TAX PROFESSIONAL OR THAT YOU ARE CHANGING CAREERS AND DO NOT INTEND TO RENEW YOUR PTIN. PLEASE ALLOW 48 HOURS FOR REMOVAL.
4. What if I see a review and rating that I think should be removed? Can I have a review removed?
Bogus reviews, whether good or bad, will be removed. Inappropriate reviews will also be removed. Reviews written by the tax professional, by their employees or agents will be removed. If you think a review of yours should be removed, feel free to write to us and tell us why it should be removed. We will consider your request but cannot guarantee we will agree with you. The best way to combat one or two bad reviews is to ask dozens of your satisfied clients to write reviews.